Cloud Architect (Zagreb)
Complex problems require the right expertise! One of the biggest challenges today is the correct storage and processing of data taking into account these three domains (3Vs): Volume, Speed, and Variety.
At Xpand IT, the Big Data technology area develops and implements data platforms and architectures capable of responding to the growing challenges of data-driven companies. We are, therefore, specialists in distributed storage and computing paradigms, in their different flavours, mainly in terms of the cloud, a market in continuous expansion. Of these paradigms, we highlight Spark (eg Cloudera, Databricks, HDInsights, DataProc) and Kafka (eg Confluent, EventHubs, PubSub), and the majority of reference data architectures (eg Azure Functions, Azure DataFactory, AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Compose).
As a Cloud Architect, you will play a key role in the various stages of adoption of data platforms in Cloud contexts (Azure, AWS, GCP) and participate in the analysis, architecture, sizing, setup and development of these platforms. For these systems, a special focus on performance and security is essential, as well as the implementation of best service development practices to serve as a basis for monitoring tools.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for:
- Accompany the technical teams (Coaching and Tech Lead) in architecture issues and solution definition
- Participate in the pre-sales and sales phases, in the development of architectures and solutions that respond to the requirements of our customers
- Participate in the analysis, definition and architecture phases, or later phases of a project
// Stacks: Azure, Google Cloud Platform
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Informatics and Computers, Information Systems or Computer Science
- Hands-on architecture experience in at least 1 of the 3 cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- I like teamwork and solving complex problems
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
// Extra points for:
- Experience in data architectures (large-scale)
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, MongoDB
- Knowledge of automation tools and IaC such as Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Knowledge in Kubernetes and the various existing flavours such as Openshift, Rancher, AKS or EKS
// Find out more about the Big Data area:
Gustavo Neves, Project Manager
At Xpand IT we not only innovate in technology but most importantly in methods. This permanent evolution is the key to have a strong team that has the right expertise and the skills to give their best and face any market challenges. The relationships, the teamwork spirit and the willingness for learning make us really unique.