PMO for Big Data
Complex problems require the right expertise! Today one of the biggest challenges is data storage and processing, across these three main domains (3Vs): Volume, Velocity and Variety.
At Xpand IT, the Big Data technological area develops and implements architectures and software solutions that represent the state of the art on the capture, ingestions, process, enrichment, storage and management of critical data from huge clusters where the 3Vs are always present. In what concerns the technology stack, we take advantage of almost every state-of-the-art framework in the Big Data ecosystem, such as Spark, Kafka, Hive/Impala, Azure Data Services, MongoDB using Java and Scala as programming languages to interact with them.
As a PMO for Big Data, you will shoulder a set of responsibilities ranging from the financial management of the projects to monitoring the resources allocated to them. You will play a vital role as a liaison and communication between the teams and projects. In particular, in the Big Data area, you will have the opportunity to be in contact with large and highly complex solutions.
Your daily activities will include:
- Ensuring quality and work excellence
- Coordinating all project management, namely financial management and managing resources allocated to projects
- Ensuring fluid and timely communication among all teams that have an impact on the projects
- Developing and implementing metrics for monitoring and evaluating project execution
- Anticipating and managing problems, conflicts and risks that arise during the projects
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- BSc/MSc in Management or equivalent
- 3/4 years’ experience in PMO or project management
- Motivation, willingness to innovate, good communication skills and a taste for teamwork
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Professional experience in the IT area
- Experience with development methodologies (Scrum) and tools to support development (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- PMP and SCRUM certification
// Learn more about Big Data area:
Luís Vicente, Big Data e Data Science Manager
At Xpand IT you’ll discover that working in Big Data means working with a great and knowledgeable team that will help you leverage a vast set of technologies for creating large scale distributed systems. We really believe this is a collaborative journey to excellence, where each and every one of us makes a difference. Here, we are truly bigger than the sum of all individuals!