Complex problems require the right experience! One of today’s biggest challenges is the correct data storage and processing when considering the 3Vs: Volume, Velocity and Variety.
At Xpand IT, our Big Data technology area develops and implements architectures and software solutions that deal with the capture, ingestion, storage and management of critical data from large information clusters where the 3Vs are always present. We take advantage of a set of advanced frameworks like Spark, Kafka, Hive/Impala, Azure Data Services or MongoDB using Java and Scala as programming languages to interact with these frameworks.
Our secret is having a multidisciplinary team with first-rate skills to leverage distributed data processing platforms, combined with an agile and interactive approach with strong technological partners.
The Service Manager assumes responsibilities that range from managing clients and teams to managing the scope, time and cost of projects. It should act as a central point of communication between the internal teams directly or indirectly involved in the project and external interlocutors. The typology of projects is varied, but focuses mainly on technologically advanced projects applied to the areas of streaming and large-scale data processing.
Daily, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate project teams
- Assume the Scrum Master role in project planning and execution
- Ensuring the involvement of relevant stakeholders (internal and external) in each phase
- Anticipate and manage problems, conflicts and risks that arise during the execution of the project
- Ensuring fluid and timely communication between all teams that have an impact on the course of projects
- Develop and implement metrics for monitoring and evaluating project execution
- Ensuring the quality and excellence of each delivery
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Degree or Master’s in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience as a Service Manager, Project Manager, Scrum Master or equivalent in the IT field
- Background or knowledge of good software development practices
- Interest in data platforms and their architecture
- Experience with project management methodologies (Scrum) and development support tools (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Motivation, good communication skills and a taste for teamwork
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
// Extra points for:
- PMP and Scrum certification
// Know more about the Big Data area:
IT Project Management
Luís Vicente, Big Data e Data Science Manager
At Xpand IT you’ll discover that working in Big Data means working with a great and knowledgeable team that will help you leverage a vast set of technologies for creating large scale distributed systems. We really believe this is a collaborative journey to excellence, where each and every one of us makes a difference. Here, we are truly bigger than the sum of all