Microsoft Data and Analytics Consultant
As a Microsoft Data and Analytics Consultant at Xpand IT, you will play a critical role in translating business requirements into relevant metrics and indicators and, from there, develop and maintain an end-to-end Business Intelligence solution. You will apply specific knowledge of modelling and data storage (star schema, snowflake, etc), use advanced data transformation tools, as well as visualisation tools to create reports and dashboards.
Your daily activities will include:
- Translating business rules into clear and systematic technical/functional requirements
- Identifying the correct Metrics and KPI that match business needs
- Identifying the relevant data sources to produce the correct calculations of all necessary Metrics / KPIs
- Performing data warehouse data models design and modelling according to established standards
- Designing and developing performing and scalable ETL processes considering every relevant stage (staging, cleansing, etc).
- Developing reports and dashboards based on business requirements
- Performing quality assurance checks over the entire Data Warehouse and Reporting infrastructures as well as their security
// Stacks: Microsoft Azure
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- MSc / BSc in Information Systems Management or Engineering in general
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in designing and implementing standardised and denormalised relational data models
- At least 1 year’s professional experience in developing data solutions in Microsoft Azure with Data Factory, Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse or other Microsoft Cloud Services.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience with database management tools such as MS SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL,
- Responsibility and organisation
- Sound communication skills (written and spoken), team player and problem-solving skills
- English proficiency (written and spoken)
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Knowledge of PowerBI and SSAS.
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of Java programming
- Knowledge of Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, JIRA or equivalent tools
// Learn more about Business Intelligence area:
Data Models / ETL
MS SQL Server, MySQL
PowerBI, SSIS, SSAS
Rodrigo Silva, Data and Analytics Consultant
At Xpand IT I have the opportunity to apply my recent skills on SQL Server Analysis Services and Azure Data Factory as well on Microsoft BI suite to effectively improve our clients’ day-to-day. Here I am encouraged to study and present solutions, new technologies and ideas that better fit our clients’ needs.