The Human Resources area is concerned with the entire journey of employees (and potential employees) from the first contact with Xpand IT.
It ensures that there is a stringent recruitment process and a welcoming onboarding so that everyone is well received and integrated. It is responsible for properly managing all benefits, partnerships and protocols and to energise the Xpanders community, always with the aim of promoting Xpand IT human culture, based on strong values.
The main objective is to create lasting and trusting relationships that guarantee each Xpander’s personal and professional development.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the company’s salary processing and for the proper management and reporting of Xpand IT’s payroll area.
To be successful in this role, the method and organisation skills will be essential to insert and maintain the relevant information of employees in the organisation’s applications in an effective way. The sense of innovation will also be important for optimising the stages of the payroll process as well as the software used on a daily basis.
Your daily activities will include:
- Maintaining human resources’ data and information in internal apps
- Validating the entire end-to-end payroll
- Participating in payroll software optimisation
- Ensure timely obligations’ reporting to legal entities(Tax Authority, Social Security, Compensation Funds, Insurance)
- Contractual management (admission processes, contracts’ renewals and terminations
- Managing and benchmarking employee benefits
- Reviewing and implementing internal policies and procedures with a continuous improvement mindset
- Working on KPI setup and monitoring
- Analysing and ensuring the clarification of stakeholders’ doubts
- Reporting to Human Resources management on all relevant information in the area
- Leadership and mentoring of junior team members
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Higher education in Public Administration / Accounting / Economics and Finance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field
- Sound knowledge of salary calculation, labour legislation, tax code and contribution
- Critical and analytical sense, with attention to details and data crossing.
- Excellent work ethic
- Experience with collaborative platforms and ERPs
- Experience in analysis and improvement of administrative processes and whose implementation makes the organisation more agile.
- Oral and written communication skills in an informal environment
- Ability to forge interpersonal relationships including the ability to deal with challenging situations
- Strong capacity for time management and personal organisation to work in a multi-tasking environment of sudden priorities.
- Discretion, stringency and confidentiality
- Knowledge of MS Office
- English proficiency
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Experience in payroll and benefits management in the IT sector.
Gonçalo Rocha, Payroll & Benefits Lead
Join our team and get to know how payroll and technology work together.