As a DevOps Engineer, you will act as an authority on the design and implementation of highly available and secure cloud infrastructure, aligned with modern software architecture. This role’s mission is to apply DevOps methodologies and best practices to the software development lifecycle.
Your daily activities will include:
- Collaborating across development, quality assurance and production teams to consolidate and simplify infrastructure tools and services
- Building libraries, modules, and packages to be integrated in various projects
- Developing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver infrastructure of higher quality at greater speed
- Collaborating on the projects to brainstorms about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Performing incremental automation testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimise errors, along with quality assurance teams
- Analysing and monitoring performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimise software and system performance
- Focusing on forecast SLA, architecting the cloud infrastructure and preparing analytics for confirmation
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- MSc / BSc in Information Technology Management and/or Computer Science
- Knowledge of and/or experience with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes.
Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
- Experience (4+ years) with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience in implementing CI/CD best practices using best industry tools and standards (e.g. Git, Jira, GitLab, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Azure cloud services, pipelines and appliances
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
// Learn more about Digital Xperience:
Git, Jira, GitLab
José Camacho, Microsoft Developer
At Xpand IT I have been working with a wide range of state-of-art technologies. At the same day, I have both the opportunity of developing a Xamarin/iOS-based app and to work in a serverless Microservices backend with Azure Functions.