Senior Middleware Engineer
As a Senior Middleware Engineer, you will play a central role in the team, since you’ll be responsible for building the core system of the entire solution architecture. From business requirements to production deployment, you will be aware of every detail of the end solution. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing it in compliance with best practices using microservices-based architectures deployed in cloud environments.
Your daily activities will include:
- Participating in technical and functional analysis of complex and enterprise-wide integration architectures
- Playing a key role in outlining requirements along with the architecture team and backend systems stakeholders.
- Ensuring that delivered code (own and team’s) is part of scalable solutions and that can be reused in the future and is compliant with enterprise integration best standards
- Managing multiple inputs from different technical stakeholders simultaneously
- Actively participating in the design and evolution of APIs & tools according to the team’s roadmap
- Working with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, flexibility, governance and reusability)
- Verifying system logic by ensuring unit testing and helping with debugging during development and QA cycles
- Working with QA teams to conduct integrated (application and database) stress testing, performance analysis and fine-tuning
- Supporting the process of migrating platforms and applications to production environments.
// Stacks: WSO2; XML, XPath, JSON, JBoss
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- MSc / BSc in Information Systems and Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Experience with Middleware frameworks: Mulesoft, TIBCO, Red Hat, Oracle SOA Suite, IBM or WS02
- Experienced with using Linux operating systems
- Experience with Java-based technologies(JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate)
- Experience in design patterns while implementing advanced and complex software solutions
- Experience with relational databases(MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Strong experience in using Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, JIRAor equivalent tools
- Experience in outlining Unit and Non-Regression Test Sets as well implementing and refining a Continuous Integration (CI/CD) process to support the service development lifecycle
- Team player and problem-solving skills
- Sound communication skills (written and spoken)
- English proficiency
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Knowledge or experience with Docker/Kubernetes ecosystem
- Knowledge or experience with microservices-based architectures
// Learn more about Middleware area:
MS SQL Server, MySQL
Eclipse, GIT, JIRA
Vítor Darela, Senior Middleware Engineer
Working at Xpand IT as a Middleware senior consultant is quite challenging! The different projects and problems from our clients challenge me and motivate me. Even more because the teamwork spirit makes me always give the best of me.