Technical Service Manager for German Market
Complex problems require the right experience!
At Xpand IT, our Big Data technology area develops and implements architectures and software solutions that deal with the capture, ingestion, storage and management of critical data from large information clusters. We take advantage of a set of advanced frameworks like Spark, Kafka, Hive/Impala, Azure Data Services or MongoDB using Java and Scala as programming languages to interact with these frameworks.
Our secret is having a multidisciplinary team with first-rate skills to leverage distributed data processing platforms, combined with an agile and interactive approach with strong technological partners.
As a Technical Service Manager your responsibilities range from managing clients and teams to managing the scope, time and cost of projects. You will have the responsibility to technically manage projects, helping the team achieve outstanding results. You should act as a central point of communication between the internal teams directly or indirectly involved in the project and external stakeholders. The typology of projects is varied, but focuses mainly on technologically advanced projects applied to the areas of streaming and large-scale data processing.
Daily, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate project teams;
- Accompanying the development team, taking on an orientation/coaching role in best practices, quality, planning, among others;
- Assume the Scrum Master role in project planning and execution;
- Ensuring the involvement of relevant stakeholders (internal and external) in each phase;
- Anticipate and manage problems, conflicts and risks that arise during the execution of the project;
- Ensuring fluid and timely communication between all teams that have an impact on the course of projects;
- Develop and implement metrics for monitoring and evaluating project execution;
- Ensuring the quality and excellence of each delivery;
- Support Sales and Marketing activities by conducting pre-sale actions, presentations and Webinars.
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Degree or Master’s in Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience as a Service Manager, Project Manager, Scrum Master or equivalent in the IT field;
- Background or knowledge of good software development practices;
- Interest in data platforms and their architecture;
- Experience with project management methodologies (Scrum) and development support tools (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo);
- Motivation, good communication skills and a taste for teamwork;
- Experience in IT architectures and environments;
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Fluent English and German (written and spoken).
// Extra points for:
- PMP and Scrum certification.
Luís Vicente, Big Data e Data Science Manager
At Xpand IT you’ll discover that working in Big Data means working with a great and knowledgeable team that will help you leverage a vast set of technologies for creating large scale distributed systems. We really believe this is a collaborative journey to excellence, where each and every one of us makes a difference. Here, we are truly bigger than the sum of all